Diabetes affects nearly 30 million people in the United States. And, while there are all kinds of textbook answers and suggestions for managing this disease, we want to hear from you about your everyday experience with diabetes.
Send the Be Well Bulletin an email about how you keep your diabetes under control or how you struggle most with the disease. Share the ways you track your blood sugar or manage your diet. Have you found a fun or unique way to stay active? How often do you see your doctor to stay on top of the condition?
By sharing your experience, you may help others get new ideas on how to manage their own condition.
Send us an email with your thoughts on this topic.
Email us at email@example.com. Be sure to sign your name as you would want it to appear in the newsletter; for example, Susan D., Akron, OH. Your story, idea or tip may be shared in an upcoming edition of the Be Well Bulletin.
Allwell will always honor and protect your privacy.
Say goodbye to winter comfort foods and hello to fresh spring salads! We don’t know about you, but we can’t wait to pick up crunchy romaine and fresh arugula to prepare this seasonal, light dish. Bon Appetit!
Chicken Caprese Salad
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 c romaine, shredded
- 1 c arugula
- 8 oz mozzarella
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ⅓ c olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c basil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Prepare vinaigrette. Blend garlic, vinegar and basil in a blender or food processor. Pour in olive oil and blend again. Add salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet. On medium heat, add the chicken tender pieces. Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Cover and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Take chicken off the stove and set aside on a cutting board.
- Chop romaine and arugula. Place in serving bowl.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and thinly slice the mozarella. Add to the greens.
- Cut up the tenders, place them atop the caprese salad.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette, add basil and parmesan for garnish. Serve.
Nutrition Facts: 450 kcals, 13g carbs, 26g fat, 34g protein, 912 mg sodium, 70 mg cholesterol per serving.